Saturday, June 12, 2010

June 12 – To Kouchibouguac National Park


View Larger Map

Today we did the short drive up the coast to explore this national park that I had never even heard of before.

0612-1-Campsite at Kouchibouguac National Park 

After dinner we sent for a short walk to enjoy the sunset and scenery.

We also discovered just exactly how buggy it is here. I sprayed myself with Deep Woods Off and but sure enough I got a large bite on the back of my head where I did not spray. I had so much on me everywhere else that I could taste it on my lips and smell it on my arms. If I could smell the deet why couldn’t the bug figure it out and leave me alone; alas no such luck; they found my Achilles heel.

IMG_5476 IMG_5488 IMG_5491

Then Stuart went to a ranger talk on astronomy and got some views through their telescope as he didn’t bring his. The park is an official dark sky preserve so the sky was very dark.

IMG_5495

No comments:

Post a Comment